the sunday night report said that all ravers over 18 were released unless
they had drugs on them.

there were a couple of funny things about the reports.

like fanchon singer (the "fox 2 problem solver" who broke the news) getting
so off on the whole thing, aggressively pressing the owner of the building
(studio 95 in highland park) - you would think there had _never_ been a rave
story done before, this lady was so high on her 'hard-hitting investigative
reporting' [sic]

they reported "kids as young as 13," then 10 seconds later, "as young as
14," then in the next minute "as young as 15."

and they showed a genius cop saying, "this is powder heroin, or coke, or
some drug."

and they showed a withered balloon on the ground, describing it as a balloon
for "huffing."

we got a few good peeks at raver bunnies loaded up with plastic jewelry,
too.

as terrible ( and in many ways, humorous) as this type of reporting is, it
has become the norm.  and although lots of people tune into the nightly news
and read the newspapers, i like to hold onto some hope that deep down,
people take everything with a grain of salt.

or maybe i'm just naive.

kelli
wondering how a 14 year old kid has $35 to attend a rave in the 1st place