I have no worries at all about this.  Sandwiches is a great "summer" track,
a classic that just happens to merge a goofy vocal with a seriously good
musical chassis.  If it blows up worldwide, I'll be helping to lead the
cheers.

I also think Paris can handle the rigors of sudden celebrity, if it comes
to that.  The bad part is, going global exposes you to the worst of
the greed, paranoia and empty gestures of the music business.  The good
part is, it would get the Pubahs on the road and give Paris a chance to
expand his DJ horizons -- and we know he can do that.

It wouldn't be the first time truly good musicians have gotten a boost
from being painted as a novelty act -- Louis Jordan, Dr. John and
Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs are three that come to mind.

And we definitely could stand some more humor in this scene, which is
so dreary on the whole these days.  I miss the oddball sensibility of
tracks like Glammer Girl, Hey Rocky or, you know, Sharivari.

phred