> a conversation that started between dave "the wave" dresden and i @ wmc this
> year centered around how people got into the scene, and i started an
> informal poll while i was down there.   ratio?  about 60% industrial, 40%
> hip hop.
>
> and one - neither.  neither?  his answer - heavy metal.  hmmm....

Ha! I was going to write a facetious post referencing  the Krokus and Dokken
diss  (I admit I was down with these guys as well as Saxon and Manowar)  a
few days back as far as industrial and influence.  I  have been  surprised
by the extent of love for industrial 313 has.  Industrial was what made me
take so long to come around to loving this music....To me, it's everything
detroit isn't; angsty, soulless, and whiny, plus the sounds stink.  the funk
just ain't there. It seems some of the biggest detroit names love(d) it so
I'm obviously not correct on this, but industrial and trance are the only
genres in any type of music I've never found a redeeming quality in....I
came around to techno  thru ambient groups and crossover bands like My
Bloody Valentine.

my boring 2 cents
-jason

GMOrecords