I really like this, can we have a seven degreees of Techno game?  I choose
Punk & Hardcore.  I was in Germany at a giant open air fest called Strange
Noise in the Black Forest in Germany to see a couple Hardcore bands
(Snapcase and Rikers I believe)  The first night was a big silly rave party.
I know quite a few kids in Detroit who were into punk throughout their teens
and suddenly got into techno.  None of us liked ravers though.  I think it
had something to do with the beats.  Don't forget that Motor used to be the
Falcon Club, one of my favorite places to be during high school.  And theres
a semi-fabled history at St. Andrews for both music forms.  The more I think
about it the more similarities pop up.