Greetings to all!

It has been brought to my attention that some of what I wrote in my e-mail
entitled "Terrence Parker/DEMF" has hurt several people. Some of these
individuals are people who I've known, admired, and had wonderful friendships
with for many years.
The most difficult part now for me is knowing that some of those people have
lost faith in me. That really disappoints me more than I could ever express
to you cats in words. Having said that, I am going to attempt to make "right"
a wrong, even though the damage has already been done.

The reason why the e-mail was written in that manner is because I was
attempting to answer the many questions asked of me. I received more than 100
e-mail letters from all over the world, from those who did, and those who did
not attend the Detroit Electronic Music Festival. They all asked WHY I did
not spin. I did not (and still do not) have the time to respond to each
letter, so I decided to try and answer everyone's questions in one e-mail
letter (distributed via the 313 List and my TP FAN CLUB List). I thought that
my e-mail was written with a very positive tone. But apparently I was wrong.
Now some people who I LOVE VERY MUCH ON A VERY PERSONAL LEVEL have been hurt.

Allow me to clarify certain comments written in my original e-mail:

The reason why I could not spin on Monday was because there were already some
very strict rules and regulations in place that would not allow certain
stages to operate past certain times. For one thing, security staff who had
been hired to work at these stages had agreed to work until certain
pre-designated times. To extend performances on any stage past these times
would not be fair to those working security, and furthermore would have
violated several agreements. The equipment was insured under similar
conditions.

When I wrote (HMMM) after I commented about the insurance on the equipment,
it was meant to be a gesture to the reader to think about and conclude that
there was no malicious intent behind why I wasn't spinning, but instead a set
of several important circumstances which just didn't allow for me to be
involved this year.

When I said "these efforts were defeated", I meant it in the same way that my
desire to accept Hannah's original offer to spin on Saturday, May 27th was
defeated by my preexisting booking in Germany.

When I spoke about promoting the DEMF on Electric Circus, I was trying to
make a point to those who sent me e-mail letters suggesting that I should be
angry for not being included. if I was upset in any manner about not spinning
at the DEMF, I wouldn't have promoted it on Much Music/CityTV. How could I be
upset when it was I who turned down Hannah's offer to spin? I was never upset
about not spinning, and I thought that sharing my experience on Electric
Circus would clearly illustrate that point.

When I pointed out that I wasn't offered a slot on Monday, I was responding
specifically to those people who asked about the TBA's on the DEMF flyer and
the originally posted 313 line up for Monday, May 29th. I wanted those people
to know that I was specifically addressing their questions on this matter, as
I was attempting to do throughout the entire e-mail. However, in doing so, I
gave the impression that I was saying or implying something negative rather
than positive.

I AM DEEPLY AND SINCERELY SORRY TO THOSE WHO WERE HURT BECAUSE OF MY
COMMENTS! IT WAS NEVER MY INTENTION TO HURT ANYONE. INSTEAD, I WANTED TO
ANSWER ALL OF THE QUESTIONS I RECEIVED, AND MAKE CLEAR MY SUPPORT FOR THE
DEMF, AND FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO WERE INVOLVED.

If I am guilty of anything, it's not being an English Major, thus not being
able to properly communicate my thoughts and feelings at times. I know how I
feel about certain things, but I am not the best at communicating those
feelings in writing.
I think I communicate much better orally.

In closing, I want to say that I was honored when asked by Hannah, Johnny O &
Dan, Lenny Burden, Linda G, Meighan & Alvin, Beau Gangier, and Gary of
Melodies & Memories to participate in various events held during or after the
DEMF. If I am never asked to participate in future DEMF events, I will always
support it because I believe in what it stands for - THE MUSIC. I have made a
lot of sacrifices because of my belief in the music. I have lost jobs because
of it; many years ago I was homeless and slept in my car in the middle of
winter because of it; and apparently now I have lost some dear friends
because of it. So I wont be posting anything else for a while.

I hope this clears up ALL misunderstandings.

peace & respect,

TP