Hmmmm... well, all I can tell you is make sure your connections are good and
the problem isn't a faulty sound card.  I don't think I've ever encountered
this problem myself, sounds as if the file is being "cooked" somehow during
the encoding process.  Make sure you have RealProducer 7 Basic or G2 (the
free one... you don't need the $120 version or whatever it is they charge
now) from http://www.real.com and install it correctly.  You do have a
choice of encoding it directly from your output device into your sound card
(tape deck, DAT, turntables and mixer or whatever) or you can record it as a
.wav file first on your hard drive, then convert it.  One other thing that
just occured to me is to make sure you are encoding at the correct bitrate
and something isn't getting screwed up during that process somehow.  Good
luck,

Matt
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Homepage: http://magicmattkelly.tripod.com