I couldn't agree more. I'm female and as a deejay, I could care less what genre
I'm spinning as long as it feels real to me at the time. I get "Well, what do
you spin?" and though I can generally say hard/deep house or techno, I've been
known to have times where I'll want to scratch up some hip/trip hop or even
trance (Which scares even me)... I love D&B too, though I really can't say I've
ever been one for hardcore jungle. Just my .02..

Lata,

+~Christine~+

> I know house-heads who hate techno of any kind from May to Krome to Aphex.
> Techno-heads hate trance-heads. Junglists hate anything 4/4. Why is
> everything so compartmentalized and stratified?

    I don't know, why do people make such sweeping generalizations?

    :)

    So far as I can tell, it's just anal retentive record boys who get
irate along perceived genre lines.  Girls, and other such open-minded and
sensible humans, give a warm reception to whatever music makes them feel
good.Regardless of what label has been slapped on it.

    Joe