        From:   jim proffit [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent:   donderdag 17 augustus 2000 14:39
        To:     313@hyperreal.org
        Subject:        Re: [313] jungle brothers & HipHouse

        Otto wrote:

        >James already mentioned Fast E-double D-I-E, "Git On Up" is a
classic,
        >no matter what anyone else says. So there. LOL! I bet the Tyree
Cooper
        >mix on the flip is still spinnable, with that hypnotic organ loop
and
        >just the "Git On Up" sample without the rap.

        >Other recommendations:
        >Doug Lazy - "Let It Roll"
        >Tony Scott - "The Chief" Krush - "House Arrest"
        >2 in a Room

        How about "Knock you out da box" or "You ain't nobody" by Kool Rock
Steady?
        Oh boy, there were bunch of those tracks... KC Flightt's "Let's get
jazzy"
        -the ULTIMATE bass line.

        One record that never gets mentioned is The Renegades' "TAG", from
91.
        Though it's not Hip house, it's a classic vocal (if not SCAT) track
by Mike
        Dunn. Love it.

        Proffit