    lp> Lately I've been noticing some paralels between Techno music
    lp> and architecture. Since this awareness has started a while
    lp> ago, I've been also noticing that there are quite a few people
    lp> in electronic music who have architecture backgrounds. Are any
    lp> techno related works on architecture? Or architecture-related
    lp> techno works? :-) If someone wants to drop a line on the
    lp> subject, I'm all ears :-)

While you probably could talk about an "architecture of techno", it
would be a metaphorical thing. I agree with the folks who have said
that music and architecture are entirely different things, although I
do think that it has less to do with distinctions of abstraction vs
concreteness and more to do with distinctions between permanence and
ephermerality. Techno is "functional" in entirely different a way than
architecture -- "functional" techno made for the needs of the moment
and functional architecture made to endure for longer periods.

All that said, I seem to recall reading that Karl O'Connor and Peter
Sutton's _Againstnature_ was inspired by the work of an architect,
although I can't remember who. On some level, the _X-103_ record has
always struck me as being architecture-related, although now that that
thought has emerged I'm powerless to tell you why. One would expect
that Mills would have an architectural influence on his music, because
it's certainly influenced his web site.

Forrest

       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     desperate, deathless
(415)558-9064        http://www.aoaioxxysz.com/          ::AOAIOXXYSZ::