I am the person who asked what looped techno is.......

thank you for your response.

I was at Motor last night but mostly in the hip-hop room!!!!

I saw Jeff Mills for the first time in August at the Limelight. Simply
amazing.
I used to listen to him on the radio as "The Wizard." I'm actually more
versed in house.

But I used to listen to your show "Fast Forward" sometimes (and the tapes
now!) too. I know that Jeff is an innovator but I wanted to get my details
straight. I got on the list to learn more.

I'm a writer and I'm always checking myself about how to critque music. I'm
not a musician or  DJ. I basically listen, read, use my gut and talk to
people like you.

And though some people may not agree with you or whomever, I appreciate your
many lists about music actually get to talk to some of the people who make
and promote the music?

I'm glad you decided to come in now and voice your feelings, that way people
like me can ask you stuff and hear something from one of the sources. Because
you are engaging with the list rather than making a statement, says to me
that you are about dialogue not "waving a kingly wand" as someone suggested.

But it is a catch-22, criticism that is, because as I mentioned before, Miles
Davis said screw the critics, "I don't tell them how to write so how can they
tell me about my music????" But he did like Ralph J. Gleason, he put on
Gleason's book jacket that Gleason understood him.
Gleason was not a musician but apparently a very good writer about jazz.

I just think that whomever wants to critque Jeff Mills or whoever should
state their opinion with facts, details and a love of the music or well I
guess a deep knowledge of it.

Thanks Alan for your response.

Sincerely,
Five