From: meta elpH [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] mp3 to cd with winamp

If there is a 78 min mix and I only have a 74 min CD,
then I use Winamp to chop off the last bit.  What you
do is click on the little V that is next to your
visualization display (either the moving bars or the
moving line).  Then configure the output and select
Nullsoft Disk Writer.  This takes anything Winamp
plays and creates a wav file, it is sent to any
directory you want.  Once this is set up, go to play
the desired 78 minute MP3.  You won't hear anything
because Winamp is crunching out a wav file AND THE
TRICK IS: *STOP* the song just before it hits the 74
minute mark.  Now you are ready to burn that CD, no
other software needed!

A problem that I encounter is that Winamp crunches the
wav out FAST, and when I stop the file, I may not have
stopped it in time.  No big deal, just try again.