The last 2 Arnolds on transmat/fragile were stellar in my opinion (they never
leave my bag), the Rodenbush was lush disposable crap. It's one of those
records you forget what it sounds like the minute you  pick up the needle. His
last release on immigrant was much far superior (granted I hear the transmat
tracks were over 2 years old before they were released).

i'm a fanboy of Detroit techno (aren't we all?) or "true believer" as shake
would like to call me. So I do look forward to each new release from some of my
favorite labels. But, as my record collection has  reached a critical mass over
the years, I'm not expecting each new release to be the best thing since sliced
bread, if the latest release isn't that hot, I'll just keep playing the older
ones.

in the meantime Obi wan's recent faves from the D:

Theo Parrish "True Cities" ( Harmione Park ) good stuff, I have to play it at
+6 but that's cool w/ me.

Mr. De ' - "Stretchin out" -Wholnleeone is the track for me
the Martian - Pipe carrier - Stellar release

Mills see the light, - dtill wrapping my head around these, so far "the" is my
favorite.

classics that still kill it:

Ur Hardlife - classic
Shawn Rudiman - Evidence of life - sure he's my boy, but its a hot record
(check the new eleventh hour and technoiraudio, too (shameless plug))
Anthony Shakir - Tracks for my Father and Mother- two of my favorites from mr.
shakir
UR - codebreaker - classic
Mills - time machine 12" not worth $300 bucks, but i like it.

I could  go one, but it's after 4 pm (est) so I should get back to some actual
work.

jw