I think that may be part of the new urban feminism that arose with Lil' Kim
and co building on Madonna's brand of feminism. Things are internalised and
subverted.
Trad feminists had real issues when Madonna first came out and there has
always been disquiet surrounding Kim, who acknowledged Madonna as an
inspiration.
Trina's song was written by Missy, so that's Missy's humour.
I don't have much time for trad feminism and feminist academia as I believe
they need to address the total lack of gender loyalty among (educated)
women. I'm for equality for all, which I just explained in response to Ian's
post.
And, for the record, Missy has denied being a feminist, calling herself
instead a humanist.
I am sure Lester has some good points on all this, he's 313's resident
political scientist and always puts forward sensible arguments. ;)