I definitely agree with this, I love melodic techno but feel that the vast
majority of stuff over the past few years has become way too smooth and
polished - just because it's melodic doesn't mean it can't be raw and gritty as well. I much prefer music to be a bit rougher and with a good bite that
all ultra-perfectly produced and squeaky clean.

Yeah I completely agree. I think as time has gone on it's got easier and easier to get that polished sound (cheaper equipment and better software). Which is not necessarily a good thing in my book.

robin...