I hadn't heard of that, or heard it, or heard of him. I assume it's the same
sample that Matthew Dear used on the first Ghostly record?
http://www.discogs.com/release/106063  And isn't it, "a lovely city"?
Anyway... I guess that could maybe further the 'trading on the Detroit name'
claim a bit.

OB313: Pascal Schäfer's 'Getting Close' from his latest on Kalk Pets has a
track that has one vocal sample of 'Detroit'. Similar usage to 'Detroit: One
Circle', but less ominous. It's more like a happy thing. I mention it just
because I'd be loathe to assume he was trading on that usage. It's sounds to
me more like he's citing an influence, and I guess that makes the thought of
pointing the finger at this other dude that much trickier (in my mind
anyway). Judge for yourselves I guess:
http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF210722-01-01-02.mp3 (note: after saying all of
this, it's clear to me that Juno's positioned the clip to throw 'Detroit' in
your face immediately when in reality that doesn't happen until the 2 minute
mark). Somebody's making money off Detroit somewhere. ;)

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]