----- Original Message ----- From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313@Hyperreal.Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:07 PM
Subject: FW: (313) London 21st-24th

Maybe so but I think I'd rather get excited about seeing Arovane then either! That's a mighty line up, I've been looking for London listings since a friend moved down there but in a s*ds law kind of way there've been none of the exciting (Convextion, Marcel Dettmann being examples) gigs that seemed to be happening just before she moved since. Now there's this - but on the same night as
UR here.

I guess it depends what's exciting. Split's 3rd birthday on Saturday was really good for either end of the house/techno spectrum. You had Sims and Surgeon doing Frequency 7 for almost three hours and Sims also did a wicked funk/disco set upstairs, which was one of the best sets of that sort I've seen. So well put together and executed. All the other DJs were wicked too, particularly Tony Anderson, who played some fantastic house wares. There's no doubt this a reliable party. The second room is consistently excellent even if the sometimes boshier side of things in room 1 isn't to your taste. There was also Terrence Parker in September and UR in August via OC don't forget.

I may as well shamelessly plug the Vibert/Universal Indicator (Mike Dred) gig on the 4th of Nov, which I don't think has been posted here yet: http://www.plexlondon.net/041106.html. I think I'm playing the opening set in the main room, so if you're sending people, send them early! ;) Drinks are relatively cheap at the Sub Club.

Henrik Schwarz is playing Plastic People on November 23 as well, but that's a Thursday. I'll be sure to let you know how it went when I'm in Manchester on the 24th . :)

Oh, and we've been in the midst of Steve Reich's 70th birthday celebrations at The Barbican, which have been well good (except for 'The Cave', but I'll spare you that rant). 'Music for 18 Musicians' (my favorite Reich composition) on Sunday was phenomenal. Definitely one of the bestest things everer. Definitely something to be seen and heard. Bang on a Can were good too. Missed Konono 1. :/

Things have a been a bit slow this year though, which probably suits most of us ageing types.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk