> someone else has
just mailed saying the PA at the gaff is rubbish :-(

That will be me. I went to see Public Enemy at the old Boddingtons brewery (Manchester) the other night. They have two rooms, one a huge warehouse style space and the other (which is the one that will be used for 3 chairs) which is a lot smaller.

I couln't really tell what the small space would sound like as it was empty but had a small _looking_ PA running. I guess that could sound OK but there was no way of telling when full of people.

The main room where UR will be playing had the most appauling sound I've heard in a while. An ear ringing wall of noise. Which on the face of it doesn't bode well.

However we got in touch with the organisers and they said they'd re-done their setup (as PE was one of the first nights) and things were now a lot better. So in fairness to them it could still be good. And nothing beats the boom of a PA in a large warehouse right? :)

I guess we'll see.

robin...