I should have written 'averse' as well. All this stuff is really helpful. What does everyone think of Mark Passarani? I've just ordered his album. I can really recommend Voom Voom's Peng Peng too - just avoid that weird rock track, all the rest is sublime.

On 18/10/2006, at 6:21 PM, Tristan Watkins wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Cyclone Wehner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 October 2006 07:16
To: 313 313
Subject: (313) Luke Slater

Luke Slater can be a bit hit or miss for me, but I have to
say I always loved his Wireless album - some very eerie
sounds, very "space documentary". I played it last night and
enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the album before with the song
Love. Wondered what/if the essential Slater tunes for 313
listees would be? I definitely wasn't feeling his last
electro project, though I'm not adverse to some of the new
pop electro (love Kelley Polar, Goldfrapp, etc)

PAS Archives I and II are easy ways to get a lot of good stuff in his later
Peacefrog style. There are some gems on the earlier Slater releases on
Peacefrog, but pretty scattered in my opinion. His Morganistic album on Input Neuron Musique is my favourite thing he's done, and probably the only thing I'd rate every track on, although that's quite a bit harder to come by. I wound up selling almost all my 7th Plain stuff. I didn't think they held together as albums very well. A few good tracks on them though. For
that style I quite liked the Shades Amaze Concept EP, which I kept for
'Bigfield'. Generally I think his biggest downfall is quality control. He'll
put two dope tracks on an album and the rest really won't compare.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]