----- Original Message ----- From: "robin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313 Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Some tunes

I've got the forthcoming Redshape '2084' on Music Man on the way. Found a promo copy at Juno. Sounded BIG. Due out properly in December.

I love Redshape, though I think they need to put out less stuff. It's hard to keep up.

Yeah, I'm not gaga for it, but I like some for sure. I find there tends to be one thing missing or something like that on a lot of the tracks.

Picked up Solo Action 08, which I'm not sure if I've seen mentioned here. It's a bit housier than some of Shed's other material.

Just checked this. Their older stuff was a little too busy and fast for me. They seemed to have moved in a direction I prefer. Thanks for the tip.

I think almost all of it other than the Delsin stuff is on the faster side (at least compared to this). I think I have all but SOA 7, and like them all. 7 is on my to-buy list. At any rate, I wouldn't count on this being a new direction in terms of leaving the other one behind. He played in London last Friday and most of it sounded more like the faster stuff. To be honest I think the live set could use some work. It was a bit flat. But I think this was only his second live performance???

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk