From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 20 January 2007 01:27
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: (313) Weird eBay email/seller - beware

I was browsing through eBay record listings, just looking at the general
record listings.  I was curious to see what top dollar items were (in
all
categories).
I came across some listings for cars and they were all by the same guy
"thurmanator77".  Thinking maybe he made a mistake I sent him a message
via
eBay sort of questioning if he realized that all of his car listings
were
in the vinyl record category.  You know, basically trying to be helpful.
He sent a message back via eBay that asked how I came across them and
where
they should be, etc.  I thought, "right - he's new and doesn't know
about
eBay Motors".  So sent another message back to him, via eBay with the
link
to the Motors part.  Then I get an email *directly* from him:

----- Forwarded by Michael Elliot-Knight/FALMSP/USA/NA/FALLON on
01/19/07
07:12 PM -----

robert thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/19/2007 06:46:09
PM:

> hello michael, i don't know i guess some people have alot of time on
> their hands and really don't have much to do so they look to find
> something wrong and become a watchdog society or somthing like that!
> i have plenty to do and i try to take care of my own business and i
> feel that normal people should take care of their own business
> instead of trying to interfer with business they don't care a stick
> about. anyway if everybody was like that there wouldn't be an ebay
> as it would be out of business and then what would they do,
>
> how bout looking at a new life and get aquanted with your maker
> "God" he can save your soul and give you everlasting life if you
> will come to Him, see mark 16: 15-16, acts 2: 38, romans 6: 3-4,
> acts 8: 25-38. i hope that sometime soon you will find a new life
> and a new direction to go in instead of trying to interfere with
> other peoples business and just take care of your own.
>
> also, could i get your address.
>
> thanks and have a nice evening... robert

really creeping me out that he's basically telling me to f*ck off and
mind
my own business while preaching some religious sh!t
and then he asks for my address?!?!!?
he's from Celina, Tennessee (stated on his auctions)

There was absolutely nothing in my responses to him that could have
prompted this kind of response from him so it's weirding me out a bit.
I'm not going to reply to the email and hope he goes away.

I suppose this is a - just beware of this guy/seller - email

MEK