It was F-ing fantastic! Tons of local skaters from Detroit - almost everyone on the rink was amazing. Some professional skaters from Chicago, Ohio, Florida, and Ontario were there - really cool to watch. There was a skating competition at around 3AM that these skating crews participated in. It was not as crowded as I expected, although the rink was pretty full most of the night. It seemed like the DEMF folks who came were either already into skating and had on their tiny shorts and knee socks or were just a cooky few who wanted to check out the party and have some good food (that includes my husband and me!). And the food was delicious - they were serving it up for at least 45 minutes - there was so much.

Kenny Dixon played some old R&B (Shotgun, Curtis Mayfield, etc.), 80's Michael Jackson, some important techno tracks (Sharivari - great to skate to!). I almost didn't get to skate - I'm 5 months pregnant and the woman handing out skates totally did not want to let me get on the rink. But I was able to convince her. The skaters were fast and smooth and zooming around me, dancing the whole time. My husband decided to sit it out with his purple cast on his broken arm. He spent the evening taking photos of all the skaters - he's a photographer.

After spending most of the afternoon and evening at DEMF with my big pregnant belly in the chilly rain, I was not sure I was up for anything more than our hotel room. But I could have kept on skating well past 4AM, it was so great.

Definitely satisfied!  Hope it happens again.

Enjoying all the reports.  Hope you all had a good weekend like we did!

Denise
--
Denise MM Dalphond
Assistant Instructor, Motown

Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Anyone who attended have time to give a report on Moodymann's party?

MEK