Now here's something Vergel did that I highly recommend -- nearly
an hour talking with Mike Huckaby about the ins and outs of
current-day track production and how to make the music you
want rather than the presets the computer gives you . . . and
beyond that the broad context of where digital music is taking us . . .
a lot of insights from someone who really knows -- and has made
the effort to move forward without losing track of where we have
come from . . .

http://www.lx7.ca/podcasts/Lx7.ca-032-07-04-20-MusicTheoryAndTheSilentPlanet.mp3

Best quotes from Huck . . . "the 'Art of Dummies Making Music'
is over -- from here on out there's going to be a lot more skilled
people influencing all genres of music . . ."

"This won't be a silent planet . . . there will always be a need
to produce music."

Fred