but if I want Chicago and Detroit I'd buy it from Chicago and Detroit

Vinylmania was great because it was NY and Jersey stuff - and it's beyond
just "oh great there's a new place"
it can't take the place of Vinylmania because it will never have the
history that VM had
I liked shopping at VM because I knew there was a serious heritage of
legendary DJs that shopped there - like eating at some famous steak house
and seeing all the framed pictures of famous entertainers on the wall
you could walk in and think "I'm a part of all of this"
it would be like Submerge closing - it's all just a memory now

sentimental - yeah, definitely
times change though and we have to soldier on

hopefully VM closing was the last gush of blood

MEK