> in the usa at least, i hear straight from the source (pressing
> plants) that major labels are doing more vinyl than they have for
> years, and that 7"s are huge with indie labels & bands again.
>
> maybe dance music may need some juicing up or something, but vinyl
> is nowhere near death.

Very true - I get all my indie stuff on vinyl when I can.  I've actually
been buying more indie rock/folk lately than I have the usual club stuff.
Seems like quite a number of indie rock/folk labels are doing things like
ltd. ed. runs of 10" and 7" vinyl, collector set series, etc.
I love it - and the music is really good right now in the world of indie
rock

but that's all OT

except there's this band called Canada from Ann Arbor, MI that is really
good both on recording and live (even better live)

MEK