Sorry I coming into the topic late, buta re we talking
about Vestax TTX vs. Technics by chance?  My friend
just got a set of the TTXs and they seem pretty pimp.
They have a keylock (pitch shift?) function on them
that we don't know how to use yet.  Anyone familiar?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, "seth redmond" wrote:

> I'm still undecided on whether the torque is better or
> worse. Although it
> seems logical to get as much as possible, when I tried
> mixing on Vestax I
> missed the ability to drop a record back into time by
> dragging my finger
> across the edge of the plate as I could with 1200s;
> although unexpectedly
> had no trouble moving back to technics again.
> I am pretty convinced that once I got out of this
habit
> (bad for the motor
> in any case) I wouldn't mind. The only thing I am sure
> I would miss on
> technics is the +10 pitch control. I never had to use
> the +50's but I've
> often found that I was agonisingly just-out-of-range
on
> the technics and had
> to piss about subtely speeding the other record up /
> down
>
> it's not the first time I've heard doubts about the
> build quality, but don't
> know anyone who's had them long enough for it to be an
> issue. their mixers
> have always been pretty nice mind.
>
> -s
>
> >From: "Neil Wallace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: "'Langsman, Marc'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,"'seth
> redmond'"
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,<313@hyperreal.org>
> >Subject: RE: (313) re: best decks
> >Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:49:55 -0000
> >

> >I got one pdx 2000 (as it was all I could afford at
> the time) and I
> >really love it: -50% is actually really useful as use
> you can mix things
> >at half tempo to do some weird x2s, having a reverse
> button is also very
> >useful and yes they seem to have quite a lot more
> torque - which may not
> >be a good thing if you play out a lot as after using
> vestax technics
> >feel very light and you need to use a much gentler
> touch and yeah
> >skipping is virtually non existent which I believe is
> due to the tonearm
> >being designed to produce no lateral force
> perpendicular to the tonearm
> >instead all the forces run parallel to the tonearm
(or
> that's the theory
> >anyway)
> >Build quality wise I would say that echnics still
have
> the edge insomuch
> >as touching the deck with the needle on the record
> doesn't seem to make
> >a noise thru the speakers whereas at high volumes if
> you tap the vestax
> >you can hear the tapping.

> Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months
> FREE*.
> <a
href="http://mail.peoplepc.com/jump/http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail";>http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail</a>

TJJ

~in a perfect world, nothing is perfect~
http://www.peoplepc.com