Hi,

I bought a pair of the old vestax (PDX1's or something - they had another version PDX2's which had the tone arm at the top for scratching) about 3 years ago. I can say I've not had one problem with them, I prefer the old style vestax aesthetically.
It's certainly true, you do feel a difference going back to technics.
I played on technics for about a year prior to buying the vestax. At first the vestax felt strange and I wasn't sure if I'd made the right decision, however after a few months I was very pleased! Going back to Technics now is difficult but I think that's because I hardly ever use them. If you play regularly with both I think you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

The other good things about my vestax are :),
* On switch doesn't get in the way -- I had/have a bad habit of switching technics off with the side of my hand.
* Everything is replaceable (including pitch fader) - Never had to though
* they feel very responsive-after a while
* *Never* skip, plus you can play ultra warped records with nay problem
* Needles seem to last longer?
* Sc,.., sc,.., scratching!

2p

ps. bear in mind I'm talking about the older vestax, not too sure if what I say holds for 2000's but everyone says 2000s are a big improvement anyway.

--Mike

seth redmond wrote:
OK, this is a little off-topic but...

I'm leaning toward the Vestax for the longer pitch control and higher torque, but I'm interested to know the list's opinion. Of the people who've used both, what do people prefer the Vestax PX2000 or Technics (probably 1200 Mk3 if I can find any)?

ta

-s