I don't mean to go on, but...

You can *hear* whether a record is too fast or slow. You don't have to know
in advance. Also: cueing up is *faster* when you get used to not touching
the records. Try it. If anything, pitch mixing means you have more control
over records and therefore don't have to worry about, say, disco records
that speed up at a chorus: you accurately compensate as it happens.

I'll say it again: try it. I don't touch records in the mix, and I don't
organise my records by bpm or front -> back (I'm not sure what that means
but I think you mean programming out a set in advance), and believe it or
not, can mix records I've never heard before: I buy new ones after all. And
it is much easier doing this by using the pitch control.