----- Original Message -----
From: "Langsman, Marc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Robertson, Steven'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "313
List (E-mail)" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:47 PM
Subject: RE: (313) technics (re: best decks)

> you can def replace the whole pitch module - however Im not sure what
would
> happen with the pitch lock because the mk3's have a button mounted on the
> deck instead of the clicky swtich at 0. I guess you might be able to just
> not hook up a pitch lock or botch your own ?

Yeah. My friend worked out a mod to remove the pitch lock entirely. I think
*he* did it with just a pocket knife and some duct tape, but mear mortals
may need a little help from an instruction manual me thinks. :) I will try
and see if there are instructions anywhere, or if this is his own little
turntable customization secret.

Until then, this may answer some of the other pitch calibration questions:
http://music.hyperreal.org/dj/sl1200.html

Tristan
=====
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

New Mix in mp3, 'Live in Iowa City' available for
a short time from http://phonopsia.isoprax.com