Hi,

I just thought I'd put out a message to any Techno-minded folks living in
the Northwest around Vancouver, Seattle and Portland to see if there was
much life in the area.

I'm originally from the 313 area and have been living in Vancouver for a
couple years now and have been checking out the music scene around here for
a bit (such as it as I can find).  Anyway, there's a definite overabundance
of commercial and west coast House in effect here and I would really like to
find something Techno related going on... not that I don't love House, but
I'm more a fan of the Chicago sound than what is generally the mode here.  I
do know about DJ Noah's show on CITR, but other than that I don't see much
evidence of a Techno community, except that when bigger Techno DJs come
through the venues are packed.  Vancouver seems kind of cliquey, and I
haven't had a lot of time to scope out Seattle or Portland, so I'm sure I'm
not completely clued in.

So, I'd be interested in hearing from any 313 list members who live in
Oregon, Washington, or British Columbia about their experiences here and who
might be able to point this expat Detroit boy toward some worthwhile
happenings, t'would be much appreciated.

And if there are any people who I've lost touch with back in Michigan or
wherever who feel like saying hi, feel free to drop a line any time.

Thanks,

Josh