-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:25:37 +0100
> Von: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: "313 Mailing List" <313@hyperreal.org>
> Betreff: (313) New chunes

> Mark Pritchard / Steve Spacek : Turn It On (Sonar Kollektiv Germany)
> -Not what I was expecting it to sound like. More techno. Stupid baseline.
> I dig

i love this. must be the best 'broken beat'-tune i heard for a long time.

some 12" that i picked up lately and remember:

Smith N Hack - Space Warrior (Smith n Hack 03)
http://hardwax.com/54231/
"Wild Moroder-disco madness by Berlin’s disco-house dream team - TIP!" (incl.
lots of computer games sounds, didn't expect to like it, but it's great. also
the less ill "Falling Star" on the flip

Sven Weisemann - Cabana Fever (Mojuba 006)
http://www.voices-records.de/shop/catalog/19320
theo fans will dig the percussion- and chord-laden the a side, nice dubhouse
track on the flip.

Moodymann - I´d rather be lonely (KDJ 036)
http://www.myspace.com/moodymann313
finally on wax, after listening extensively to the track on his myspace account
(btw: i'd never expected to find kenny there...). sound quality rather dubious,
but i really dig this.

Luciano - Fourges et sabres (Perlon 62)
http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=39486
yes, it's rather mnml, but hey: it's luciano. he can do no wrong. beautiful
tune, beams you directly into a rainforest. and although it's 15 minutes long,
it feels cut short.

oh, an i received a copy of christian pommer's drumlesson - "drum lesson vol.1"
(sonar kollektiv) this morning, but haven't heard it properly yet. contains
jazzed versions of "can you feel it", "plastic dreams", "trans europa express",
"strings of life", "beau mot plage", "nervous track" and one of my alltime
faves "claire" from iO aka patrick pulsinger. looking forward to listen to this
this weekend.

c*