> I am really
> turned off by the idea that Techno music has to keep up with
> technology, that it is some sort of technology in itself, that
> innovation equals progress equals good.

LOL - exactly

techno was originally made on instruments that the musical industry of the
day had pretty much thrown into the trash heap

Roland 808, 303, 909 - all pretty much synth/drum machines that were NOT
cutting edge
it took almost 10 years for the instrument to find its place in the world
of music
they were badly designed for their original purpose (to accompany "live"
players) and performed poorly with their target market (guitarists)

techno was and is about taking the detritus of our society and reshaping it
techno is the humanity behind the machine - not the machine itself

MEK