On 5 Nov 2007, at 15:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am really
turned off by the idea that Techno music has to keep up with
technology, that it is some sort of technology in itself, that
innovation equals progress equals good.

Innovation has always been interesting but like "good", it remains subjective. I dearly love loads of the new kit that is coming out but also miss some of the old midi days because back then it was pretty easy to spot a problem, whereas today some software update conflicts are pure pain in the bush to fix.

I think we've also come over the cusp of what we believe in with regards future technology, the idealism of the 70s burnt down with the disco's.