@robin yes yes of course, that's your preference. trust me, your
resignation to the disappearance of vinyl from your life does not
represent the world.

Absolutely. There's plenty of room for misinterpretation here - I'm just presenting a point of view that's common. As it happens I hold two points of view and I still buy lots of vinyl.

Actually because of my internal battle here I just don't care how any of this is reproduced in a club. There's crappy djing using all media and it seems to me that the art of djing is slowly being lost. At least in the clubs I frequent.

Maybe I'm just becoming more pragmatic in my old age. Who knows?

All I can say is because of the way I can access music now (via various means) my enthusiasm for new electronic music has never been greater. If others like me feel that too that can only be a good thing for the music we love.

robin...