that sucks, even if you put your package attention to buyer, the workers
steal the promos?

m.

On Thu, January 10, 2008 12:02 pm, JT Stewart wrote:
> i don't think that's quite right, although it doesn't help when you're
> trying to get distrib/sales, you send promos to places, and they get
> snatched by people who work there before the people in charge get to
> hear it. that happened with us and hardwax.
>
> it's more that the people who run/work at a lot of distribs/stores are
> part of the floundering dj/club scene, and focus their stock
> accordingly.
>
> On Jan 10, 2008 12:50 PM, Frank Glazer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think the elephant in the room is that for a very long time, and
>> still in a lot of ways, there has been an internal conflict in that
>> the people who work for record stores and distros were primarily DJs
>> who don't really want to sell records because they want to keep them
>> to themselves.  The cult of the whitelabel, so to speak.

M. Tang | A & R/Label Mgr.
Generator
email. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
aim. jiji2017

www.generatormusic.com
Coming January 2008:

GEN030 - Mauser / Jack Orchestra (12")

A deep jackin' combination of Chicago 'jack trax' instrumentation, acid
basslines, and a little Detroit techno soul.

UP NEXT:

GEN031 - Various Artists - World Sonik Evolution (2x12")

Featuring new music from DJ T-1000, Jamal Moss aka Hieroglypic Being,
Terrence Dixon, and more...

Soundclips @ www.generatormusic.com