[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Sorry to intervene and probably get things totally wrong but I think K's point was not so
much "who's using laptops and controllers"
but "who's doing something different with this gear" in, say, the way
apparently RH says he is in the vid (haven't had time to watch
it, sorry).

I.e. you watch or listen to them and think they're doing something subjectively
/ artistically pleasing that would have been
difficult before that technology existed (so hard for a vinyl DJ or pre laptop
band to do).

My point is you don't have to be doing something "different" for it to be great., use as little or a much as you need. Kraftwerk could not do what they do now without bringing the whole of the studio with them.

All the arguements about this bore me to death, it like listening to the Muscian Union in the late 70's with their "Keep Music Live" campaign. The last people I expect to hear this arguement from is people into techno.