Good analogy. It sounds to me though, that this is another discussion
that's really simply about whether the music is good or if it's bad,
disguised in this case as a format/medium discussion. (See previous
technical issue discussion).

If I really analyze my motivation for liking music, honestly and
critically, I come up bust. I find that discussions such as this are
merely me rationalizing the innately irrational.