Hi Thomas and Xavi,
I agree that with the a well-known key based MIC, some useless "start to join"
can be avoided. However, it is under the assumption that there is no other
6tisch networks, right? If there are more than one 6tisch networks in the same
area, and all of them use the well-known  key based MIC to authentication, then
the authentication will not save anything, right?
ThanksQin

     On Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:30 PM, Xavier Vilajosana