Hi Pascal,
I'm confusing about what kinds of EB errors you want to detect. I think you
mentioned two kinds of errors:(1) Transmission error(2) Wrong EB from some
attacker.
Maybe there is third type of error?
I think everybody agree that CRC (or FCS) is used to detect (1), but can not
detect (2).I'm not sure what is the contribution from well-known key based MIC
to detect (1). But I do think the well-known key based MIC can not detect (2),
because the attacker can also make a legal MIC over a wrong EB with the
well-known key.
Do I miss something?
ThanksQin

     On Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:25 PM, Pascal Thubert (pthubert)