Hi Michael,
According to my understanding, there are two levels of synchronization in
6TiSCH network, i.e. (1) all nodes work on same ASN, which is presented in EB;
(2) the node corrects its clock periodically by communication with its
timesource. The description in TimeSource is about (2).
make sense?
ThanksQin

     On Wednesday, June 10, 2015 9:12 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

Qin Wang <qinwang6...@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > NeighborList contains the Link information, and the information about
    > Parent is contained in TimeSource for saving space. Make sense?

I don't see how container TimeSource will give me a list of parents.

      leaf NodeAddress {
        type nodeaddresstype;
        description
        "Specifies the address of selected time source neighbors.";
      }

I think that the plural in the description, "neighbors" suggests that there
is a list, but I don't see that would be the case here.  I see how this
affects the source of ASN, but not how it provides a list of parents.

It's not obvious to me that the RPL parent is by definition the best
source for the ASN; and the policy definition here would suggest that
there are other criteria.

I suggest changing:
      "specify the timesource selection policy and some relative
      statistics. ";

to:
      "specify the timesource (ASN) selection policy and some relative
      statistics. ";

just so that it shows up on when searching for ASN.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-