Pascal Thubert (pthubert) <pthub...@cisco.com> wrote:
    >> I don't understand at all.  Would a PCE provide enrollment services?

    pt> [PT>] We are talking to a stateless CoAP proxy, giving an alias to a
    pt> service that it will map into the IP address of the server, here the
    pt> JRC.

    pt> I understood that this is an anycast name for the JRC, aimed to be
    pt> resolved by the proxy in a pseudo DNS fashion into the IP address of
    pt> the server. Do I have that wrong?

Not the case.
It's just a value for the CoAP Host "header"

    > If the proxy is used for only one service, arguable there is no need to
    > pass a string at all. If it is generic enough and used for more than
    > one service than we need something meaningful. I'm not sure which we
    > really want but 6tisch.arpa fails either way.

    >> 2) There is never an IP address associated with 6tisch.arpa, it's just
    >> something to put into the Host part of the CoAP.  Since we are talking
    >> to a Join Proxy, and the Join Proxy points to the JRC, we get the JRC.

    pt> [PT>] OK then you seem to be looking at a dedicated proxy; if so, why a
    pt> string at all?

Because CoAP header needs one, and the original name wasn't going to get past
the IESG.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [