On Wed, 26 May 2010 21:03:18 -0800, Nick LaForge <nicklafo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> you'll get no argument from me on that score.
>
>> Ok.  I'll remove it in the next version.
>
> I think he was responding to my hyperbolic statement there.  There's
> no reason not to use symlinks if we can't bind things anyway.  Your
> option 2 just links to the root dir in /usr/local which is just fine
> provided the permissions are in place and the /usr/local dir is not
> just a bunch of symlinks to individual files in /tmp/tcloop  (actually
> the case in my tinycore install, not that I care).  The only problem
> with symlinks here wasith your option 1 where cp was making copies of
> symlinks instead of original files beacuse you used 'cp -HRp' instead
> of 'cp -LRp'.

ok.  Thanks.  I think there is a bit more going on than the s/H/L/ issues.
Need to look into it though.

I also started a FAQ a couple of days ago, but there is not enough in it
to really post yet.  Documenting the issues with persistent home/local/etc.
is one of the things on my todo list.

Thanks for testing all this BTW.

  EBo --