Please note I don't have the address of the said doc. Since I am
taking ayurvedic treatment, I haven't tried acupuncture.
Eye and the needle

By Ridhi Kale/TNN

New Delhi:  There's light at the end of the tunnel.  Patients suffering from
decreasing vision due to diseases such as macular degeneration, diabetic
retinopathy, glaucoma and retinitis pimentos now have hope, thanks to
microsystem acupuncture.  This is an alternative treatment for vision loss.
Though widely-prevalent abroad, in India its relatively new.  Reduced vision
is a part of the aging process and microsystem acupuncture helps to slow it
down.  Regular treatments are required to maintain vision levels.

Dr. Avnish Chopra, Stone Clinic, says, " I have tried this technique on 12
patients so far.  The whole idea is to help retain vision."

Sneha Uppal, 49, was diagnosed with macular degeneration but after two weeks
of treatment can read again.  "I could only read newspaper headlines, but
today, I can read the fine print," she says.  Microsystem acupuncture is a
painless procedure.  No needles are placed anywhere near the eyes. It uses
special, thin, stainless steel needles with a copper spiral on over 200
points in the body.

The Times of India
November 22, 2005