Need to know if outlook express will work from an external harddrive.

I have 3 computers and I have outlook express on all of them and I have emails
in all of them- each inbox, sent message folder, created folders etc.
I was backing up my systems on an external hard drive I was wondering how I
could see all the mails from all the 3 computers at one time without importing
them into  one machine.
So can I attach the external hard drive to one machine and then retrieve the
mails from the hard drive and save on the external hard drive?

Kanchan Pamnani
Advocate & Solicitor
9, Suleman Chambers,
Battery Street, Colaba,