Yes, American Erik Weihenmayer became the first blind person to scale Everest
in 2001.
To confirm the fact, we can go to:

http://people.howstuffworks.com/mount-everest.htm
Or
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/26853232.cms

 --
Cordially,

Amit Bhatt
Windows Live Messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Yahoo messenger: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype ID: amitbhattindia

"The difficult we do today, the impossible takes little longer"