Hi,

My suggestion would be to do a system restore of the
operating system. I assume that you are on windows xp?

System restore undo's changes that may have made your
system unstable.
The reason I suggest this is because system restore is
simple, harmless, and would most likely solve your
problem.
However, it requires sighted assistance for a step or
2.
Here is more information on system restore.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx
Here is step by step procedure to do a system restore.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Regards
--- palakodeti venkata satya vijay kumar