If you read the andhra banks notification carefully, they says that the scribe must be one standard billow than the stipulated qualification. It means that it is not related to candidates qualification. Means the stipulated qualification for the post is graduate, then the scribe should be under graduate. I have wrote what I understand from this notification. Knowledgable AI members, please correct me if I am rong. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Vamshi. G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:13 PM
Subject: [AI] Another case of ambiguity in bank exams

Dear AI members

Today a girl, by name Chetana from Hyderabad, called me and told that
she was not allowed to write the clerical exam conducted by SBI
associate banks on first March, 2009 due to non fulfillment of
eligibility criteria of scribe.
She is a post graduate and her scribe was her own mother who did
graduation and secured 57%, which, to the best of my knowledge, meets
the eligibility criteria for a scribe.

Now she is applying for clerical exam in Andhra bank and got
clarification from me regarding the rules of scribe.

I am pasting her mail below awaiting your guidance.
Hello Vamshi,

This evening, I went along with my mother to meet the Andhra Bank
Chief Manager - Ms.Sarada to take clarity regarding the scribe issue.
But, she clearly conveyed that there is absolutely no possibility of
using a scribe who has completed her graduation irrespective of the
percentage. She infact told that the scribe can only be either a tenth
or inter pass and must not have secured more than 60%. I am totally
clueless of how to go about it and handle this issue.

Kindly request you to help me in this regard. Also request you to
support me with the study material for this preparation. Hope I am not
troubling you too much.

Bye Vamshi, take care.

Thanks and Regards,
Chetana.