hi, thanks for all of your suggestions. the cost is Rs. 4000 with 7200
RPM of seagate. further can anyone please explain how much of space
that XP can recognize during process of  format with SP3. is there any
restriction up to 127 GB because i am using 250 GB which is well
detected by my PC during format. usually i dont like vista and looking
for windows 7 to release its final stable version.