Thanks everyone for sending information on legal cases. I have the book
published by HRLN -it helps me and all our interns/volunteer immensely. But
it was published in 2005, being in touch with HRLN Kolkata office I do not
think there is another book of judgement that came after that. So it is
little dated.

Vaisnavi, your suggestion of compiling disability related judgements in a
centralised online keyword-searchable database is very much appreciated. I
was thinking of the same but I do not have the expertise. However if this
work is started, let me know - few lawyers who are volunteers of Sruti would
like to be part of it.

Read the below mentioned news last week in Times of India. Would be
interested in reading this particular judgement.

*'Mental disability' is no ground for dismissal:
HC*<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/7175426.cms?frm=mailtofriend>

Slamming a government department for having unfairly terminated the services
of an office assistant on the ground of "mental disability", the Madras high
court has ordered payment of all service and monetary benefits.
Log on to : http://www.timesofindia.com

Regards
Shampa