Title: Rights needed for...
Thanks for the info joe, I'm doing quite well. This is the same struggle...just happens to be a couple years later. The vendor claims it works fine under reduced permission and our environment is hosed up, yet I can consistently reproduce it in multiple scenarios. I'll work with the guys listed to try and get some resolution out of this. Thanks again!

-Brandon

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joe
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:22 PM
To: ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Rights needed for...

Hey Brandon. How are you?

Just taking a guess but I would start with Change Password since kpasswd I believe takes the old and new passwords right? You might want to touch bases with Slav (see Vern) as he might know for sure having played with that stuff for a couple of years to kerberize UX and Solaris. I recall there was a join issue that was encountered that necessitated re-looking at the permissions delegated to the machine accounts even for Windows joins from what was previously assigned. Joining the SAN devices was always a pain in the rear and I recall it had to be done by DA there for a bit but the vendors were supposed to fix that. Again, ping Vern.

  joe