From: Bernier, Brandon (.)
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:56 AM
To: 'ActiveDir@mail.activedir.org'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] [OT] IIS6 - Kerb/NTLM

I am running the application pool for this website as "Network Service".
It is not explicitly defined in my IE Intranet Security Zone, but we
have a proxy script that enables "bypass from proxy server" and we have
that condition in IE security zone enabled, so yes its there.  I know it
is using Kerberos (unless .Net is wrong) because I do a catch that poops
out the user context

System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().ImpersonationLeve
l.ToString();
System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().AuthenticationTyp
e;

and

HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString();

A.) Yes
B.) Yes
C.) Yes
D.) Until development is completed it is accessed under the server FQDN,
I registered an HTTP SPN as followings "setspn -a servername.com
servername".
E.) Yes
F.) I'm not getting any related failures on either the IIS server or the
DC it contacting.

My network traces show it trying to authing as NTLM...I thought if it
can use kerb it does that first then NTLM...I'm going to add
NTAuthenticationProviders=Negotiate in the metabase for this site so it
forces kerb or nothing. Thanks again!

-Brandon